|Update 3: Beards |
A Home in Orbit
|“||For some bizarre reason, we managed to remove the beards in the previous release. It's hard to think of a worse fate for a dwarf! Beards should be central to this game., so we are talking about adding features, where players can customize their beards. Heck, maybe we'll even do procedurally generated beards some day!|
Update 3: Beards mainly fixed and tweaked a bunch of things. It went live on April 7th, 2017.
- Probably our most requested feature, BEARDS are in!
- Dwarf outfits tweaked to match key art.
- Updated icons for dwarves and gear.
- New Status Effect and Affliction systems means we can make stuff like web slowing and fire burning effects more easily.
- The shooting spider now shoots a web that slows and impairs the vision of the player.
- Flamethrower can now light enemies and the environment on fire (not to mention other dwarves).
- Improved enemy spawn systems means more dynamic enemy encounter and waves.
- Improved many particle effects across the game.
- Added third person animations for heavy weapons and pistols.
- Several weapons have had their models and skins improved.
- Added angle indicator to tools that have angle restrictions.
- Improved map generation speed.
- A first, rough pass on the new Biome system is in. Each location will feel more unique already, though we are still only at an early stage of implementation.
- Grappling hook now has a cooldown between each use and a softer landing...
- Improved zipline grabbing, holding E while falling will ensure you grab any zipline that comes close to you.
- New Flare system: you now hold up to 4 flares in your inventory, slowly regenerating over time as you use them.
- Improved Enemy Pathfinder. They can now properly avoid and walk on Non-Terrain entities.
- Cam shake and sound levels on drop sequence have been tweaked.
- Attenuations on sounds have been tweaked, making the game less loud.
- Lots of bug fixes and smaller tweaks.
- Added Invert Mouse Wheel and Show Help Buttons options. Invert mouse is also saved correctly.
- Fixed some weapons can shoot extra fast just after switching weapons.
- First pass on controller support (only tested with Xbox 360 wired):
- There is currently no aim assist and no acceleration on turning or other fancy features.
- NOTICE! Only gameplay is supported at present! Menus cannot yet be navigated with a controller.