|Update 31: What Was Left Behind |
Roughnecks At Work
It’s time for our first Post-Launch Update! And speaking of the launch - a hearty welcome to all the new miners! We hope you enjoy the game, and we want to give a big thank you to all the veteran miners who have been helping you learn the ins and outs of deep space mining since launch.
Update 31 is primarily focused on doing a bit of pick-up after launch - adding some things we had to cut for the 1.0 because of time constraints, as well as fixing a ton of minor and major bugs and crashes based on feedback from you guys. Update 32 will add new Mission Types, but more on that when our plans are more fleshed out.
|— DRG Update Page|
Update 31: What Was Left Behind was released on June 10th, 2020.
- 1 Update Changes
- 2 Post Update Hotfixes
Miner's Manual: Creature Pages
An obvious part of the Miner’s Manual we planned from the very beginning - a full library of every creature in the game. And now it’s there, chock full of information, tips, and even a bit of lore for those into that kind of thing! Every creature-entry starts off locked and will be revealed as you encounter them in the flesh.
3 New Secondary Objectives
Three new Secondary Mission Objectives have been added to spice things up a bit.
- Gunk Seed: Shoot the hanging slimesacks to release the precious Gunk Seeds within!
- Ebonut: Destroy the tough outer shell and harvest the nuts inside!
- Fester Flea: Pest control - take out these small annoying bugs before they start multiplying!
New Enemy: Korlok Tyrant-Weed
The Tyrant-Weed is a brand new encounter for you to...encounter in the caves. Take out the central Heart-Growth before it manages to seed the surrounding area with so many shooting sproutlings that it overwhelms you! When you have destroyed it remember to deposit the Tyrant Shards, which will reward you with a nice credit and XP Bonus upon mission completion.
New Beer: Smart Stout
A new beer is ready for you to unlock in the Abyss Bar, once you reach Player Rank 23. Drink it and you will be struck by momentary flashes of deep insight...
Space Rig Updates
The Space Rig continues to be fleshed out with more detail - it’s dirtier and messier than ever! The Wardrobes in particular have gotten a graphical overhaul that should hopefully make them stand out a bit more.
[COMMUNITY REQUEST] Added a Refrigerator to the Abyss Bar! It doesn’t display fanart yet, but we’re looking into options. :D
We have had to remove two tracks from the Jukebox due to problems with content creators getting unjustified copyright claims. To compensate we have added nine brand new tracks - reggae, surf, rock, banjo and more.
Miscellaneous Changes & Bugfixes
- Added 9 new tracks to the Jukebox * reggae, surf, rock, banjo and more
- Added a UI notification for when the player unlocks new Miner’s Manual entries for missions and biomes
- Added new UI animations when the player activates a terminal
- Added more detailing on the Memorial Hall
- Improved the materials of the Brood Nexus
- Improved the appearance of the ammunition counter on the "Lead Storm" Powered Minigun
- Improved the appearance of the fuel and heat displays on the CRSPR Flamethrower
- Terrain Scanner tablet now has its own material with correct emission lighting in third person
- Armor thumbnail icons in the Wardrobe are now displayed with their default paint job, and not the equipped
- Armors are now previewed with their default paintjobs in The Shop
- Fixed a bug that caused helmets to not display with the correct paintjob in the Wardrobe
- Fixed a bug that with character loadouts causing weapons to have wrong properties after rejoining a game
- Renamed Webspitter and Acidspitter enemies to Web Spitter and Acid Spitter
- Cave Leeches now lowers the captured player to the ground, after being killed by Heightened Senses
- Renamed Private Game to Friends Only. The functionality is the same
- Added mission stats & milestones to three new secondary objectives
- Renamed Mactera Ice Bomber to Mactera Frost Bomber
- Various Miners Manual improvements
- [Photosensitivity Mode] Removed blinking lights from Minehead when it’s ready to launch
- [Photosensitivity Mode] Removed blinking lights from machine events.
- Added a failsafe for MULEs getting stuck on the Drop Pod in Salvage Operations
- Fixed a bug that enabled the Scout’s Grappling Hook to attach to gems and the Gunner’s protective barrier
- Fixed a bug with some overclock effects not showing for client
- Tweaked the materials on the Spitball Infector to be less mirror-like reflective
- Fixed a bug with the placement of Cargo Crate batteries
- Changed some messages in the Miner’s Union Discord bot to disable pinging on goal tier achieved and added pinging when the goal period was over
- Fixed terminal screens to show and center long names properly
- Moved the hair color slot to the bottom of the list in the Wardrobe
- Updated the picture of the Jukebox in the Miner’s Manual
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be stuck moving forward while receiving 'Claim DLC' popups
- Fixed a bug that caused the mouse cursor to forcefully center in the Mission Complete screen when the 'Continue' button appears
- Fixed a bug that caused players to lose aquarqs while traversing through narrow tunnels
- Fixed a bug that caused beer buff labels to not appear in the HUD in-mission
- Fixed a bug that caused the Glyphid Slammer beer label art to be incorrect for players that own the Supporter Pack
- Fixed a bug that caused petrified tree trunks to spawn in the Radioactive Exclusion Zone biome
- Fixed the behavior of the Drop Pod ramp to only retract once everyone has left it
- Halved the retraction speed of the Drop Pod ramp
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Times passed out drunk’ text to overlap the counter on the stats monitor in the Medbay
- Fixed a bug that caused a sign being overlapped by meshes in the Memorial Hall
Post Update Hotfixes
12th June, 2020
This hotfix includes a large chunk of tweaks and bug fixes as well as a couple of popular community requests, one of which is an accessibility option that disables the new terminal UI animations for dwarves who are prone to motion sickness.
We have tweaked the Korlok Tyrant-Weed encounter to offer a more balanced and interesting challenge. The most important thing is the healing rate reduction that should help with many of the frustrations that players were encountering. We have also modified some of the timers for a better pacing and a more readable flow that encourages communication and cooperation. Good luck getting those shards!
- Improved the sounds for the Korlok Tyrant-Weed
- Improved the Korlok Sprout placement restrictions
- Tweaked the Korlok Tyrant-Weed damage resistances and vulnerabilities
- Tweaked the Korlok Tyrant-Weed so it requires you to kill more sprouts before it opens
- Lowered the Korlok Healing Pod healing rate
- Gave the Korlok Healing Pods a more prominent particle system so they are easier to spot
- Tweaked the Korlok Sprouts to grow faster
- Increased the Korlok Tyrant-Weed Core health
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Updated Forge view - background now more closely resembles newly updated Space Rig interior
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Removed errant floating cube from one of the Loading Screens. Well spotted!
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Added a setting to disable terminal UI animations in the Options menu. Begone motion sickness!
- Added a new colored icon for the Salvage Mules primary objective
- Added a new colored icon for the Kill Glyphid Dreadnought primary objective
- Tweaked the Jukebox music
- Tweaked the center behavior of the mouse cursor when opening menus
- Tweaked the sounds for the Gunk Seed
- Tweaked the UI animation when the player activates a terminal
- Tweaked the particles on the Gunk Seed
- Tweaked the Exterminate Fester Flea secondary objective to no longer scale with mission length
- Tweaked the amount that is required to be collected to complete the new secondary mission objectives
- Fixed a typo in the Grunt Slasher description in the Bestiary
- Killed a bug related to marking the Gunk Seed with the Laserpointer
- Killed a bug that caused physics issues with the Gunk Seed
- Killed a bug that sometimes caused beer mugs to disappear when thrown
- Killed a bug that caused the Fuelpod in Salvage Operations to have non-rotating drills
- Killed a bug that caused the Fuelpod in Salvage Operations to have no drilling sound
- Killed a bug in the spawning logic of the Gunk Seeds that enabled them to clip through the floor
- Killed a bug that enabled Ebonuts to be destroyed and disappear by a Pickaxe Power Attack
- Killed a bug that caused players to crash when entering / exiting missions
- Killed a bug that caused players to crash in the Escape Menu
- Killed a bug that caused late-joining dwarves to be unable to revive teammates
- Killed a bug that caused issues with the Korlok Tyrant-Weed projectiles
- Killed a bug that caused the wrong material to show on the Barrel Game monitor
- Killed a bug that caused the Korlok Tyrant-Weed to display its name twice in the Bestiary
- Killed a bug that caused Weekly Assignments to sometimes reset progress if you quit the game mid assignment
18th June, 2020
This hotfix includes additional tweaks to the Korlok Tyrant Weed as well as several miscellaneous bug fixes, one of which fixes an issue that prevented certain players from properly completing the Conquer Hoxxes assignment.
- Renamed Miner’s Manual Creatures section to Bestiary
- Improved the Glyphid Warden ragdoll a bit
- Glyphid Warden buffing scream added to animation
- Killed a bug in the frozen behaviour of the Korlok Sprouts and Healing Pods so you can now stop them growing and interrupt the healing stream
- Fixed up the seed impact particles for the Korlok Tyrant Weed Healing Pods
- Made it so the Korlok is less likely to fail spawning in a mission
- Improved Korlok Tyrant Weed placement to better check for obstructing terrain
- Improved Korlok Tyrant Weed placement to try harder not to spawn in tunnels
- Disengaging from the Korlok Tyrant Weed fight will now make the Sprouts be less aggressive until you re-engage by coming too close or by hurting any part of the Korlok Tyrant Weed
- Added some placement restrictions to Ebonuts to prevent it from spawning under the Drop Pod etc.
- Killed a bug where the Conquer Hoxxes Assignment could get stuck as if the last step was already completed
- Improved debris placement in caves
- Killed a bug with blocking colliders being hit by hitscan weapons and not spawning an impact particle
- Killed a bug with the Fuzzy Dice in the Salvage Operation Escape Pod
- Killed a bug that prevented Lootbugs from shooting out minerals on death
- Killed a bug that prevented the Laserpointer Tutorial Hint in multiplayer from being completable as client
- Lowered the size of the need air volume for the core now that the terrain placement has been improved
- Tweaked the audio of the Korlok Tyrant Weed freeze and healing
- Killed a bug that caused looping sound stuck on Tyrant Weed Core after healing pod dies
- Added a new colored MULE icon for Salvage Operation objectives
- Tweaked the sound of the Fester Flea
- Updated the overheating sound of the Experimental Plasma Charger
- Tweaked the sound of the Ebonut
- Tweaked the sound of the Lootbug
- Tweaked the sound of the Maggot
- Updated the sound when you pick up mineral chunks from the ground
22nd June, 2020
This hotfix includes tweaks to the Omen Modular Exterminator machine event, several audio improvements as well as a fix to an issue with the mouse cursor forcefully centering in the Mission Complete screen. Read below for all the details.
- Added impact sounds to Flares
- Tweaked the volume of the Reinforced Power Drills
- Tweaked the sound of mining minerals
- Tweaked the sound of the Festerflea
- Increased the weakpoint health of the Omen Modular Exterminator
- Increased the amount of Mactera enemies in Mactera waves
- Reduced the weakpoint exposure time of the Omen Modular Exterminator
- Killed a bug related to distanced sounds
- Killed a bug that caused the mouse cursor to forcefully center in the Mission Complete screen
- Killed a bug that caused Hazard level to default to 1 after playing the Tutorial Mission
- Killed a bug that caused the Omen Modular Exterminator lasers to not do any damage
- Killed a bug that caused a game freeze if a mission is aborted during the Omen Modular Exterminator event
- Fixed a spelling error in the Born Ready perk description
25th June, 2020
This hotfix includes additional tweaks to the Omen Modular Exterminator event to provide a more fair challenge, based on your feedback. We have also made some changes to the behavior of the Mactera Grabber in relation to the Gunner’s Shield Generator. Enjoy!
- Mactera Grabbers no longer target players that are inside of the Gunner’s Shield Generator
- Mactera Grabbers now flee away if they are inside of the Gunner’s Shield Generator
- Tweaked the manner the health of the Omen Modular Exterminator event scales across difficulties and player counts. It should now provide a more fair challenge
- Killed a bug that caused the Gunk Seed to be dropped more often than thrown
- Killed a bug that caused players to crash in the Escape Menu
- Killed a bug that caused players to crash from enemies performing Defense abilities
- Killed a bug that made the Mactera Grabber go to their target when fleeing rather than flying away
- Killed a bug that sometimes prevented the Mactera Grabber from screeching, even when it wanted to
- Killed a bug that often prevented the Tritilyte Deposit event from properly spawning
26th June, 2020
This final (knock on wood) hotfix for Update 31 resolves an issue that enabled dead Mactera Grabbers to grab unsuspecting dwarves who disrespectfully step on their corpse. Additionally, Black Box objectives in Deep Dives should no longer be completed prematurely.
- Squashed a bug that caused Black Box objectives to be completed prematurely in Deep Dives
- Squashed a bug that enabled dead Mactera Grabbers to grab dwarves that walk on their corpse
- Squashed a bug that caused double text in a Mission Control speak in Deep Dives