Update 19: Guns! Lots of Guns!
|Update 19: Guns! Lots of Guns! |
Bigger, Better, Bosco
We got a fat, new update coming your way - this time with a massive upgrade to your armory, improvements to the upgrade system and an overhaul of the retirement system!
|~ DRG Update Page|
Update 19: Guns! Lots of Guns! was a major Deep Rock Galactic content update that primarily introduced 8 new weapons, and an overhauled upgrade system. It was released on November 29th, 2018.
Update Preview[edit | edit source]
New Features[edit | edit source]
New Weapons and Gear[edit | edit source]
DRG is happy to inform you that we’ve expanded on our list of suppliers, and a new, larger catalog of armaments has been made available! In order to obtain licenses for the new gear, you will need to complete Weapon Assignments. When a license has been obtained, you will be allowed to purchase access to the weapon in question. The following new weapons are now available:
- "Thunderhead" Heavy Autocannon
- A peculiar but devastating weapon. The slow rate of fire is made up for by heavy damage, delivered with glee by the belt-fed .50-caliber tungsten rounds. The Thunderhead is a somber weapon for the sophisticated executioner, delivering death as inexorably as the passage of time itself.
- BRT7 Burst Fire Gun
- More precise than an SMG, with the stopping power of a small shotgun, the BRT (or "Burt", as it's sometimes called) is highly prized among collectors and connoisseurs alike.
- Shield Generator
- The Gunner has swapped his DET PACK for a SHIELD GENERATOR. It creates a force field that keeps the bugs at bay and protects everyone inside it. We got a quick comment from the gunner: “To be honest, sharing gear with Drill-boy ain’t for me, so I called in a favor with the eggheads up in R&D to make me something special - and they came back with a friggin’ Shield Generator! Now I can safely stand my ground while killing bugs galore! Good times!”
- M1000 Bolt Action Classic
- The original design for the M1000-pattern DRG-issue precision rifle goes back hundreds of years, practically unchanged. High damage, respectable fire rate...and that "Ping". A prime example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
- Zhukov NUK17
- Never sophisticated, but never disappointing either. The NUK family of twinned micro SMGs has a long and treasured track record, yet Those In The Know generally agree that the 17 is among the very best.
- "Stubby" Voltaic SMG
- So what's better than an SMG? An SMG that fires ELECTRIC BULLETS! The boys in R&D have wired a prototype ArcGen into the guts of this trusty Subata 312, meaning it now unleashes a storm of electrified DEATH! Word of warning: Keep away from water.
- Breach Cutter
- The Breach Cutter releases directional blasts of sonically-charged plasma powerful enough to deal with most any alien in your path. Originally a mining tool, it's now been frequency-tuned to crack open flesh and bone rather than the sediment deposits it was designed for - often with quite spectacular results!
- Cryo Cannon
- Mad geniuses have tried perfecting this implement for as long as anyone can remember, but our lads at R&D seem to have perfected it! Handily portable (for a dwarf, anyway), it does exactly what you think: It's a friggin' freeze ray. Let 'em have it.
- Experimental Plasma Charger
- Bullets are so last year. Instead, why not incinerate your enemies from the inside out with a highly experimental anti-matter-powered gun firing supercharged plasma bolts? What's the worst that could happen? (If you find out, please report to R&D).
Gear Modification System[edit | edit source]
The Weapon Upgrade System has been scrapped in favor of a brand new Weapon Modification System, and each weapon can now be customized and tweaked to your individual tastes! More than 200 new Weapon Mods have been introduced, a lot of them consisting of entirely new features. For example, “Blow-through” is now a thing - fire bullets straight through an enemy to hit enemies behind it! Or how about “Fear” - send enemies into a fleeing panic by sheer brunt of your firepower!
For this round of upgrades, the new system has been implemented for all new and old weapons, but it is not yet implemented on tools, grenades, and armors. This will happen with future updates.
Also, no more static still-pictures of gear on the upgrade screen - we’ve finally gotten a proper and rotatable 3D model viewer implemented!
Promotions[edit | edit source]
The Retirement system has received a fairly significant overhaul. The changes are as follows:
- “Retirement” has been rephrased to “Promotion” instead.
- The level cap for each dwarf has been raised from 20 to 25.
- The last mission in a Promotion Qualification Assignment is no longer a forced solo mission
- Promoting your dwarf no longer takes any progress away from you! Yes, you read correctly - all weapon upgrades carry over! The only thing that resets is your character’s level.
- You still have to clear your debt to DRG before getting a promotion
- Titles for player ranks have been extended to player rank 75 and a lot of new titles have been added
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- NEW ENEMY - THE GLYPHID VETERAN WARRIOR: The Veteran has 50% more health and much stronger armor than a normal Glyphid Warrior.
- Glyphid Praetorians have been to the gym! Their health has been buffed by 50% and they’re less susceptible to being shot in the head than before - getting behind them and shooting them in their big fat butts is now much more important.
- Sound has been added to Exploder footsteps. Listen carefully and you can hear them sneak up upon you!
- Removed fire particle effect when other enemies are hit by the Praetorians Acid Spray. It was not supposed to be there and was causing a significant frame drop.
- Tweaked the number of enemies spawning for 2-player games down a bit for Hazard 2 and 3.
Other Tweaks[edit | edit source]
- Terrain Scanner Alignment
- With the Terrain Scanner active, hit [SPACE] / (X) to spin your character around to face in the direction of the map.
- Beer Buffs
- TODAY’S SPECIAL: A Randomly chosen buffed beer will be available for purchase each “day” (it updates when the mission map gets new missions). Also, the buffs are actually working now! :-)
- Egg Hunt
- Digging an egg free in Egg Hunt now has a chance of spawning a group of angry bugs. The number of eggs you need to collect have been increased a bit.
- Special Waves
- Once in a while you can now run into pure waves of Praetorians, Macteras, Glyphid Warriors or Swarmers. Whether these waves are harder or easier than normal waves is for you to figure out.
Fixes and Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Small Character Videos added to the Character Selection Screen to give a quick impression of the different classes.
- Hints on the loading screen have been updated with 3 new hints for Milestones and Perks, The Terrain Scanner and Mission Mutators.
- Added some more motivational quotes for screens in Space rig.
- Bosco now determines the angle of which to dig tunnels in dirt from the players face, rather than their feet, to the point they pointed at. This should result in more expected results, especially when standing close to the dirt
- Damage multipliers on Physical materials changed to be on the physical material
- When someone late-joins your game, there is a grace period where their friendly fire is reduced so they deal significantly less damage to you and your teammates.
- Fixed Abyss Bar menu not closing correctly when pressing ESC
- Changed Acid symbol to Biohazard / Poison symbol.
- Better flare overdraw prevention
- Flares now cast shadows!
- Grenade Launcher grenades are much more visible while in the air.
- Purchase Item UI now show all required resources
- Heat cooldown on Minigun tweaked
- Mactera Spawn should now rotate correctly when shooting
- Fixed a bug that caused Bosco to abort his light task as soon as there were any enemies near the player
- Made Praetorians burn a bit later
- Memorial screen no longer stacks up names to spawn and spams them all at once if framerate is low
Post Update Hotfixes[edit | edit source]
Hotfixes are small patches meant to fix bugs and balancing.
Hotfix 1[edit | edit source]
30th November 2018
- Upgrade UI tweak
- Fixed issue with yes/no upgrade prompt
- Overheat particle position tweak
- Shield generator audio
- Breach Cutter stats added
- "Warthog" Auto 210 first tier upgrades fo Clip Size and Fire Rate values increased
- Fix Pickaxe Damage upgrades
- Plasma Charger's area effect doesn't cause friendly damage anymore
- “Warthog" Auto 210 base recoil reduced
- Fixed ammo widget crash
- Following spelling/ naming errors have been fixed: M1000 -minus "bolt action" in assignment terminal + Retirement fixed to promote in perk unlock + Patch notes updated
- Fixed unequip crash
- Fixed campaign mission stats not counting
- Video now only shows on terminal
- Fix for Breach Cutter set deploy time for line
- Fix late join crash
- Fix a bunch of upgrades and stats
- Dynamic Lightning material optimized and consolidated
- "Lead Storm" Powered Minigun effectivity of the modification Cold As The Grave reduced
- Remove footstep particles on spacerig
- Shield generator sounds updated
- Fixed black screen when completing a level with a downed teammate
Hotfix 2[edit | edit source]
3rd December 2018
- Fix for completed campaigns not being counted correctly
- Remove disable optimization
- Weapon Modifications can now be unequipped
- Make terrain scanner zoom speed a little higher
- After the first promotion of a character, all assignments can be taken at any level.
- Grappling hook stats added
- Attempt to fix crash when joining when the game is shutting down
- Autocannon's accuracy modification is now a 30% improvement to the base value
- Breach Cutter modification Flying Nightmare, damage reduced.
- Bombers now deal damage with their projectiles again
- Fixed Plasma Charger overheat particles would never go away
- Fix flamethrower could not burn spider webs.
- Tweak Det pack model size
- Updated weapon images for the assignments board-terminal
- Added Gunsling and reload first person and third person animations to the Grappling Hook.
- Foley sounds added to new dance moves
- Added third person sawed-off shotgun reload
- Rename Armor Penetration to Armor Break to be more clear
- Cobweb shader can burn
- More Croppa is spawning in magma caves
- Fix Error Cubes being affected by hazard level. You should never be able to get more than 1 from a map.
- Attempt to fix Dual Pistols being visible at the start of a mission
- The level requirements in assignment terminal will now be red if they are not met
- Hide weapon when a dwarf is taken by cave leech
- Fixed headlights being turned off when approaching escape pod
- Fix m1000 stays zoomed in if changing weapon while in focus
- Fix flamethrower particle FX can sometimes break
Hotfix 3[edit | edit source]
4th December 2018
- Fixed spelling errors
- Plasma Charger normal shot friendly fire greatly reduced
- Fix sound issues if you deposited an egg too soon after it was dug out
- Fixed Minigun and other fast firing weapons could do reduced or no damage at sub 30 fps.
- Fix burst pistol, burst damage bonus mod. Add missing burst pistol stats
- Fix crash when latejoining
- Pickaxe can once again help unfreeze your fellow dwarves
- Fixed laser pointer couldn’t point at gunners shield and radioactive crystal damage zone
- Player and character progress updated correctly on all terminals
- Changed Voice Volume options name to be more clear
- Assault rifle:
- Base accuracy improved.
- Floating Barrel mod accuracy, Increase value increased.
- Gyro Stabilization mod description expanded.
- Fix last grenade warning triggering always for scout and that it did not trigger for other characters
- Fix inconsistencies with how many minerals are in your stash and cost of items. (Stash would round up, but the check if you could afford would fail because it did not)
- Fixed Equipment Upgrades, Bought missionstat not counting + savegame fixup
- Fix Minigun not doing damage when at max stabilization and not having the mod that tweaks that installed
- Fixed 'Assignment Complete' window not closing when countdown is finished
Hotfix 4[edit | edit source]
5th December 2018
- Weapon Modification costs reduced
- Bulldog Revolver Floating Barrel mod improved
- BRT7 Burst Fire Gun: Base recoil reduced