|“||Afraid of the dark? No need, you got me.|
|— The Scout|
The Scout is one of the four Dwarves in the game.
He is equipped with the Deepcore GK2 and M1000 Classic as his primaries, and the Jury-Rigged Boomstick and Zhukov NUK17s as his secondaries. He has the Grappling Hook, the Flare Gun, and the "Fox" Armor Rig as his equipment, and the Inhibitor-Field Generator, the Cryo Grenade, and the Pheromone Canister as his throwables.
|“||As the Scout, you are the only one to carry the powerful Flare Gun, and the entire team depends on you for light. To scout ahead, you are also equipped with a Grappling Hook, letting you get to almost anywhere. But, while you are carrying an Assault Rifle and a Sawed off Shotgun, you should be careful not to get cut off from your team - the caves don't take kindly to lone explorers.|
|— Class Description|
The Scout boasts the fastest mobility in the game, due to his reusable Grappling Hook, and is the only class capable of placing sticky flares using his unique Flare Gun that can be used to light up much larger areas than the normal Flares are capable of.
The Scout is able to choose from three different types of grenade: The Inhibitor-Field Generator (IFG) which slows enemies down and increases their damage taken; the Cryo Grenade which applies freeze and can potentially freeze most enemies instantly; and the Pheromone Canister which covers enemies in pheromones, turning them into a target for other enemies to attack.
All classes have eight pieces of gear, each of which can be individually upgraded using Credits and crafting resources. There are currently two unlockable weapons per class. Each weapon has their own assignment. Once an assignment for a weapon has been completed it then can be purchased within the upgrade terminal.
"Fox" Armor Rig
Class Selected / Joining An Active Mission
- "The truth is out there. So's the gold."
- "Yeah, I don't so much "scout" as make this operation possible."
- "Afraid of the dark? No need, you got me."
- "Allow me to...illuminate the situation. Heh heh heh...!"
- "Yeah, I got a grappling hook. Whatchu gonna do about it?"
- "Time to light this shit up!"
- "Darkness? Ain't nothin'."
- "Let's move it!"
- "Keep them shites off me, and I'll keep the Team alive."
- "Darkness, here I come!"
- "I can get anywhere, anytime."
- Previously before Update 24: Explosive Expansion the Scout was the only class to carry a unique grenade, that being the IFG. All the other Dwarves carried simple frag grenades.