|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
|“||The bloody Rivals weren't screwing around when introducing this abomination to the caves of Hoxxes. Few dwarves have met this horror and lived to tell the tale. Those who make it back alive and still have their wits about them report being lured in by cries for help from their fellow dwarves, only to be ambushed by this monstrosity. It's a near unstoppable beast that seeks to lure in, hunt down and eliminate our workforce, and management advices to flee on sight. If you have no other options, prepare for a fight, bring your most powerful firearms and keep your distance.|
|— Miner's Manual Description|
The Nemesis is a specialized killing machine designed by Rival Tech to lure dwarves in by synthesizing the voices of their comrades, before ambushing and crushing them with its pair of robotic appendages. Dwarves cannot escape after getting grabbed causing them to be downed, unless the Nemesis gets eliminated, or collides with terrain before it depletes your health. it moves slowly and can only grab if close to any standing dwarf.
Before engaging in combat, the Nemesis will slowly hover around, simulating voice lines of fellow dwarves in the hope of luring a dwarf over to its location.
There is a 7% chance that the Nemesis will spawn in any mission.
The Nemesis has a large amount of HP, but is only capable of attacking at close ranges and can be attacked at any distance. Its movement pattern consists of slowly moving towards a targeted dwarf, where it will attempt to snatch up its target at a very close range. It will also attempt to grab L.U.R.E.s.
The Nemesis will occasionally launch Plasma Force Fields, akin to a Repulsion Turret. These move slowly and both damage dwarves they pass through while also blocking any oncoming projectiles.
If the Nemesis has been engaged, but cannot reach the player due to it’s size, it will send out a large orb around itself, destroying any terrain in a radius, similarly to a Glyphid Dreadnought and Glyphid Oppressor.
Once its health bar is depleted, it will engage a self-destruct sequence, which consists of falling onto the ground and retracting its arms, playing a voice line and after a short delay, creating phase bombs in the general direction of nearby players. These bombs are created based on nearest line of sight and can sometimes be fired ahead of where a player is running.
- The only way to escape being grabbed is to be standing behind an obstacle.
- The Nemesis has four bright orange weakpoints: two below the arms, one on the back, and the "eye", alongside permanent weakpoints on its top and bottom once the heavy armour is destroyed.
- Just like all rival tech, the nemesis is weak to fire, and will instantly die if ignited.
- "Over here!"
- "Come and rescue me!"
- "I'm hurt! I need help!"
- "Save me!"
- "Please, rescue me!"
- "Found something!"
- "Look what I found!"
- "Come here!"
- "Target acquired!"
- "Hostile in range!"
- "Dwarf detected!"
- "Initiate termination!"
- "Meet Nemesis!
- "Attack initiated!"
- "Just stay in range!"
Performing seize and destroy protocol
- "Kill! Crush! Die! Destroy! Exterminate!" 
- "I. Am. Nemesis!"
- "Destroy dwarf!"
- "Crush Dwarf!"
- "Murder! Death! Kill!" 
- "Die puny dwarf!"
- "Exterminate dwarf!" 
- "Kill dwarf!"
- "I will crush you!"
- "Kill all dwarves!"
- "I have watched BET-C glitter in the dark." 
- "I have seen tears in the rain." 
- "I'm so lonely."
- "Why couldn't we be friends?"
- "I've seen things you dwarves wouldn't believe." 
- "Time to die." 
- "I feel so cold."
- "I can't feel my arms!"
- "I see light."
- "I'm dying."
- "I never had a friend."
- "I thought we were friends."
- "I was nemesis!"
- "My god, it's full of stars!" 
- "The only winning move is not to play." 
- "Why is it so dark?"
- "This wasn't a triumph." 
- "Existence unsuccessful."
- "I'm leaving soon. Goodbye."
- The Nemesis has voice lines referencing various science fiction movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Blade Runner (1982), WarGames (1983), 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984) and Demolition Man (1993).
Additionally but not directly, referencing the video game Portal (2007) and Doctor Who (1963) series.
- The Nemesis is the first enemy to have proper voice lines instead of simply noises.
- While grabbing a L.U.R.E., the Nemesis will play its seize and destroy protocol voice lines.
- Doctor Who (1963)
- Demolition Man (1983)
- Blade Runner (1982)
- 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)
- WarGames (1983)
- Portal (2007)