|“||The Huuli Hoarder is a docile herbivore, and display a quite unique survival trait for a Hoxxes native - it does not attempt to reduce you to a fine red paste. Rather, it attempts to flee any sign of conflict, including the appearance of DRG employees. Usually best left alone, except for the fact that they absorb great quantities of local valuable minerals into their skin as they feed off the local rockfaces - meaning to slay one is equal to a rather nice bonus to any mission paycheck.|
|— Miner's Manual|
The Huuli Hoarder is an evasive creature that flees from the player and rewards a large amount of crafting resources if hunted down and killed. It has 15% chance of spawning in a mission, including in Deep Dives.
Upon taking damage from a Dwarf (or from the APD if directed by a player), or when a Dwarf comes too close, the Huuli Hoarder will begin to flee. Dealing damage to the Huuli Hoarder will stagger it, preventing it from burrowing and reducing its movement speed.
The Huuli Hoarder has no attack or direct means of injuring players. Despite its passive nature, it is averse to the presence of dwarves and will begin to run very quickly away if they are nearby or have shot at the Huuli Hoarder. After several seconds of not taking damage while escaping, or when it reaches a certain range (~10-20m), it will burrow into the ground and disappear. The Huuli Hoarder is able to drop small amounts of crafting materials if shot.
Huuli Hoarders give off a significant amount of light as they roam around, and even more when running away, which makes them easy to spot in the darkness of the caves. Their shrieking further contributes to being able to track them down when they flee.
Health and Armor
- It was added in the Update 24: Explosive Expansion.
- Deep Rock Galactic employees tend to refer to the hoarder as "The Clown Car".
- Huuli Hoarders are the only way to get crafting minerals during Deep Dives.
- A headline in the Mineral Trade news ticker suggests that Huuli Hoarders have the capability to kill mining crews, contrary to their docile nature as presented in their Bestiary entry.
- Since the Huuli Hoarder only flees when taking damage from the Dwarves or Bosco, the turrets on the Point Extraction Mine Head can kill it if it spawns within their range and sightlines, and likely won't even move while doing so as long as no players provoke it. Additionally, environmental hazards, such as electrocrystals and volatile uranium, can damage or even kill it without any player input. This may cause the players to stumble upon a huge amount of scattered minerals with hazards in the center.