Gold is a bonus resource located in all current mission types. When mined and deposited, it will give a credits reward at the end of the mission. Its current use is solely to give extra credits and EXP for mining at the end of the mission.
Gold can be found in five forms:
- In ore veins spread across cave walls similar to Nitra or Morkite
- Hidden in a compressed form deep within the walls. One compressed gold chunk is worth between 150 and 250 gold. Giving 300 to 500 and 150 to 300
- From Lost Packs and Cargo Crates
- In a massive ore vein created from a Glyphid Crassus Detonator
- From Loot Bugs and Huuli Hoarders
The Gold Rush Mutator drastically increases the size and amount of gold veins that spawn in the caves.
As a vein, it is a shiny, brownish-yellow material with a metallic sheen, capable of easily being spotted once lit up but usually hidden in the pitch black.
In its compressed form, it takes the shape of a large chunk of ore which must be carried by hand, while also giving off a distinctive golden glow. Small gold markings/pieces dot the wall where it is hidden inside.
Gold in both of its forms can be found in any environment. Its compressed form is much more rare, being generated on average every one in three maps.
In its vein form it is very common and can be found spread across the walls in relatively small veins, sometimes located high up near the ceiling.
In its compressed form it is inside the cave wall and must be located with small gold pieces dotting the wall where it hides.
- Gold used to be the primary objective mineral during the Closed Alpha version of the game, with the Drop Pod landing immediately after 1000 gold had been mined.
- Marking a chunk of compressed gold will cause all classes to say "We're rich!".