|“||Turrets and explosions...you've come to the right place.||„|
|~ The Engineer|
The Engineer is one of the four dwarves in the game.
He is equipped with the "Warthog" Auto 210 and the "Stubby" Voltaic SMG as his primaries, and the Deepcore 40mm PGL and the Breach Cutter as his secondaries. He has the Platform Gun, the LMG Gun Platform, and the "Owl" Armor Rig as his equipment, and the L.U.R.E., the Plasma Burster, and the Proximity Mine as his throwables.
|“||As the Engineer, you carry two essential items for surviving the caves - the Platform Gun shoots climbable platforms onto any surface, and your automated Sentry Turrets lay down blistering hails of support fire - if you manage to get it set up before you're killed. You may not be the sturdiest of dwarves, but your Combat Shotgun and devastating Grenade Launcher still makes you a formidable opponent.||„|
|~ Class Description|
As the Engineer, you can support your team mates by providing them with ground to stand on using your Platform Gun and assist in combat using your LMG Gun Platform, "Warthog" Auto 210 shotgun/"Stubby" Voltaic SMG submachine gun, and your heavy weapon : Grenade Launcher or Breach Cutter. You can place your Sentry Turrets in defensive positions to protect your team, and use your platforms to help your team mobilize during missions.
The Engineer can choose from three different grenades to use: The L.U.R.E., which creates a holographic Dwarf decoy that distracts enemies from himself and his allies, the Plasma Burster, which creates four explosions per grenade, and the Proximity Mine, that only explodes when a medium or larger enemy enters its trigger zone.
Each class has eight pieces of Equipment, each of which can be individually upgraded using Credits and crafting resources. There are two unlockable weapons per class, a primary and a secondary weapon. Each weapon has their own assignment you are required to complete to unlock the weapon. Once an assignment for a weapon has been completed it then can be purchased within the upgrade terminal.
"Warthog" Auto 210
"Stubby" Voltaic SMG
Deepcore 40mm PGL
LMG Gun Platform
"Owl" Armor Rig
Class Selected / Joining An Active Mission
- "Let's play this smart for once, huh?"
- "It's all about securing the caves, you know?"
- "Quotas and objectives to fulfill! Let's get 'er done, lads!"
- "Infestation problems? Automated turret, mate."
- "Time for a cold one once this is done."
- "All in a day's work."
- "Turrets and explosions...you've come to the right place."
- "Cut 'em off, cut 'em down. That's the way."
- "Identify targets and exterminate. That's how it's done."
- The Engineer is the only dwarf whose default appearance in official artwork varies. Sometimes he is shown with a full beard and mustache, other times clean shaven with only the latter.