|Objective(s)||Kill 2-3 Dreadnoughts|
Elimination is a mission type in Deep Rock Galactic.
A nest of large Glyphid Cocoons has been located underground and the Dwarves are ordered to eliminate their various inhabitants: ferocious and heavily armored Dreadnoughts. Eliminations are the fourth and final unlockable mission type, the third being Point Extraction.
Eliminate Dreadnought Types[edit | edit source]
The goal in Elimination missions is to locate and destroy multiple Dreadnoughts, which are in their cocoons when the Dwarves arrive. Any Dreadnought variant can spawn from a cocoon, but the same variant can not spawn from two consecutive cocoons.
The cocoons appear on the scanner as bright red egg shapes. The cocoons themselves spawn near open areas to fight in and are surrounded by veins of blue organic material. They emit an audible heartbeat sound and are safe to approach, but take very little damage to break.
Swarms do not attack the players in Elimination missions, but smaller waves of enemies will occasionally attack, including while a Dreadnought Type is being fought. Since these missions are more combat focused, higher quantities of Nitra can be found on the walls to aid in calling Resupply Drops.
While you must complete your primary objective to finish the mission, You can choose to collect an optional secondary objective resource for a Credit and Experience bonus upon mission completion.
After the primary objective is completed, a red button will light up on the M.U.L.E to begin the extraction phase. Once pressed the Drop Pod will be called in to pick up the M.U.L.E and any surviving miners. It will wait for 5 minutes before departing, though the door will only open once the MULE has been secured.
Cave[edit | edit source]
Elimination caves consist of a small "starter" room typically lined with resources such as Gold and Nitra. There are usually a few tunnels to various caverns blocked by Compacted Dirt. These can be taken in any order to get to the Cocoons, though use of the player's Terrain Scanner will aid in locating them.
Dreadnoughts[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Dreadnought Types
Once a Glyphid Cocoon has been shattered, any of the three types of Glyphid Dreadnoughts will appear. They will attack immediately, using a variety of attacks to incapacitate the Dwarves. These attacks vary for each Dreadnought type.
|Glyphid Dreadnought||Dreadnought Hiveguard||Glyphid Dreadnought Twins|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Prepare your arena before starting for as much advantage as possible.
- Scouts should illuminate the area with their flare guns.
- Engineers can set up sentries and place platforms on uneven terrain.
- Drillers can dig out extra space and place their explosives on top of the Cocoon to detonate as soon as the Dreadnought emerges.
- Gunners should fire Ziplines in useful locations to fire down on the Dreadnought.
- The Glyphid Dreadnought and Dreadnought Hiveguard focus a single player, but the Glyphid Dreadnought Twins can focus more than one. Keep moving during the fight to avoid getting hit.
- Dreadnoughts resist Fire, Explosive and Electrical damage. Try to avoid using these weapons if possible.
- Most Grenades which impede enemy movement such as the Scout's Cryo Grenades and IFGs are not effective against Dreadnoughts.
- A Dreadnought will be unable to get inside a Shield Generator, so it can be used to restrict its movement.
- Weapons with Armor Penetration upgrades do not deal extra damage to the Glyphid Dreadnought's shell.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary Objective[edit | edit source]
The number of targets to kill is based on the length and complexity of the mission.
|Length||Complexity||Objective||Primary Payout||Secondary Payout|
|Kill 2 Targets||570||180/300|
|Kill 3 Targets||840 2800||280/350 1260/1120|
|Base Values (complexity/length bonus deducted)|
|Kill 3 Targets||600 2000||200/250 900/800|
Secondary Objective[edit | edit source]
Collect 10 Alien Fossil
Collect 15 Apoca Bloom
Collect 20 Boolo Cap
Collect 14 Ebonut
Exterminate 10 Fester Fleas
Collect 12 Gunk Seed
Collect 25 Hollomite
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Glyphid Dreadnoughts first appeared in Update 5.
- Two new Dreadnought variants were added in Update 33: New Frontiers: the Dreadnought Hiveguard and Glyphid Dreadnought Twins.