A dependable, hefty weapon. Usually not the first choice of proper Dwarves, but the combination of heft, weight, and satisfying boom makes it worthwhile all the same.
|— Item Description|
The Deepcore GK2 assault rifle is the Scout's default primary weapon. It is a bulky assault rifle built out of dark-colored metals. The weapon's stubby barrel is contained within a heatshield, resting above a huge foregrip. The weapon's ironsights, while visible, are not used. When reloading the Scout knocks the spent magazine out of the receiver with a new magazine, before slamming it into the weapon.
The GK2 is a standard automatic assault rifle.
There are five tiers of modifications and each tier has two to three upgrades. Only one modification can be equipped per tier.
Overclock calculations happen after modifiers.
|Deepcore GK2 [Expand/Collapse]|
|Overclock||Effect||In Game Description||Price|
||"Stuff a few more of these compact rounds into each magazine and they have a bit less recoil as well."|
||"Increases the weapon's rate of fire without affecting performance and helps with magazine ejection as well."|
||"More damage on average but it's a bit inconsistent."|
|Overclocked Firing Mechanism
||"More bullets faster and it kicks like a mule."|
|Bullets of Mercy
+33% Bonus Damage to Afflicted Targets
|"Deal bonus damage to burning, stunned, electrocuted, frozen, or poisoned targets."|
|AI Stability Engine
||"It's like it knows what you are going to do before you do it, compensating for all recoil and bullet spread. The system requires a lower rate of fire and the fin-stabilized rounds do less direct damage but give a bonus to weakpoint hits."|
||"Embedded capacitors electrocute targets from the inside when you reload. However all that tech reduces the raw damage of the bullets and takes up some space in the magazines."|
Battle Frenzy gives the scout a 50% movement speed increase for three seconds after destroying any creature or object with the GK2. Only the killing blow needs to be dealt with the GK2, and the Scout does not have to have the weapon out to keep the speed bonus in effect. The speed bonus will stack with all other speed bonuses, except itself, and the Grappling Gun's Momentum upgrade. Getting another kill with the GK2 will simply reset the timer.
Battle Cool prevents bloom from accumulating when firing the GK2 for 1.5 seconds after destroying any creature or object with the GK2. Bloom from previous shots will continue to decay until the GK2 returns to its base accuracy. Base accuracy is affected by the Gyro Stabilisation upgrade. Recoil is not reduced by this bonus. Only the killing blow needs to be dealt with the GK2 to trigger the bonus.
Getting another kill with the GK2 will simply reset the timer, meaning that chaining kills together will make the weapon laser-accurate.
Bullets of Mercy
Bullets of Mercy will multiply the damage of the GK2 by 1.33x whenever it is dealing damage to an enemy with one of several different status effects. The multiplier will only apply one time even if a creature is affected by multiple status effects.
Applicable Status Effects:
- On Fire
- Radiation (only from Fat Man and Gamma Contamination)
- Pheromone Darts (but not the Pheromone Canisters)
- Chemical Explosion (the DoT)
- Taser Bolts (the proximity DoT, not the electric beam)
- Electric Crystals (from the Crystaline Caverns)
- Dazzler Module
- Coil Gun Trail
- Coil Gun Electric Trail
- Hellfire Trail
- Densification ray
Notable Status Effects that DO NOT apply:
- Taser Bolt Electric Beam
- Turret Arc Electric Beam
- Pheromone Canisters
- Corrosive Puddles
- Sticky Flames
- Plasma Trail
- Persistent Plasma (both from the EPC and Explosive Goodbye)
- Radiation (from Exploders, Praetorians, and Crystals in the Radioactive Exclusion Zone)
- Acid/Poison (from Acid Spitters and Praetorians)
- Sticky Goo
Electrifying Reload is an Unstable Overclock
Every creature that was damaged by the weapon will get a 100% chance of receiving Electrocution status (3 Electric Damage every 0.25s for 6s, and x0.2 Movement speed) when the weapon is reloaded.
- Bullets stay through Born Ready activation but can still be activated on next reload.
- A full reload is not necessary to activate Electrifying Reload. It will trigger at the beginning of the animation. Canceling the reload, by switching weapon for example, will still activate the effect.
Each modification that is purchased advances a mastery bar by one unit.
- Three modifications – First Stripe Weapon Paintjob
- Seven modifications – Deepcore Weapon Paintjob
- All (13) modifications – The Company Special Weapon Paintjob
Full gallery of skins can be seen at Weapon Skins.
- In earlier versions of the game, the GK2 had a much more realistic design with a longer barrel, smaller foregrip, and a more shapely stock.