|Unlocked through an assignment|
|Requires Driller 10
|“||Mad geniuses have tried perfecting this implement for as long as anyone can remember, but our lads at R&D seem to have perfected it! Handily portable (for a dwarf, anyway), it does exactly what you think: It's a friggin' freeze ray. Let 'em have it.||„|
|~ Item Description|
The Cryo Cannon is an unlockable primary weapon for the Driller. It is a huge, barely-portable freeze ray constructed out of various alloys. The drums on the front of the weapon rotate when it is firing.
The Cryo Cannon ejects a freezing cold stream which deals damage and decreases the temperature of enemies, eventually causing them to freeze. Frozen enemies will receive triple (x2.5 for Dreadnoughts) damage (but lose any weak-points they had before) and are completely immobilized. Being frozen also prevents several enemies from performing unique abilities; for example frozen Glyphid Exploders and Glyphid Bulk Detonators cannot detonate. Flying enemies like Mactera will drop to the floor and shatter instantly when frozen. Enemies in the Glacial Strata are also more resistant to this weapon's freezing effect. More information about the frozen status here.
The Cryo Cannon does not utilize a reloading system and instead draws from one pool of reserve ammo. Upon pressing the fire button the weapon has a brief "charge-up" period before it spews its stream of icy mixture. The stream is affected by a pressure gauge; prolonged firing will eventually empty this meter and require a "repressurization" phase before it can start firing again.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
There are five tiers of modifications and each tier has two to three upgrades. Only one modification can be equipped per tier.
Overclocks[edit | edit source]
Overclock calculations happen after modifiers.
Stats Breakdown[edit | edit source]
Understanding the weapon[edit | edit source]
- Chargeup Time is the time needed before the weapon starts shooting.
- Flow Rate is the equivalent of fire rate for other weapons. The weapon will deal 8 instances of damage per second with the base flow rate.
- Pressure Drop Rate is the equivalent of the magazine size for other weapons. It represent how long you can fire before you need to 'reload' your weapon by repressurizing it. The lower the better.
- Freezing Power is what will allow you to freeze the enemies. It won’t do any damage by itself. 1 point in freezing power will lower the temperature of an enemy by 1° for each instance of damage done. Once you reach an enemy's freeze temperature it’ll be frozen solid.
- Tank Size is the equivalent of max ammo for other weapons.
- Repressurization Time is how long you need to wait in seconds after you reached the minimum pressure before you can fire again.
- Pressure Gain Rate is the equivalent of reload for other weapon, except that you can stop midway in case you need to fire early. It represents how fast the pressure will go up after the repressurization time.
Ice Path[edit | edit source]
In the same manner as the CRSPR Flamethrower, the Cryo Cannon will leave behind a trail of ice that’ll linger for a few seconds. It won’t do any damage but it can potentially freeze enemies.
- Cold per tick: +8°
- Tick Interval: 0.5s
- Maximum Damage Radius: 0.5m
- Radius: 0.5m
- Duration: 3s (visual effect last for 5s)
Unique Modifications[edit | edit source]
Cold Radiance[edit | edit source]
Cold Radiance will cool things down in a radius around you, eventually freezing any creature close to you.
The effect is only active while firing and will activate once per second.
Fragile[edit | edit source]
Fragile gives a chance to deal extra damage to low health, frozen enemies. The chance and damage dealt are dependent on the enemy's remaining HP, the hazard level, and for Large enemies, the number of players.
Each hit on a Normal or Large, frozen enemy that has less than 100 base HP remaining (i.e. before any Resistance Scaling is factored in) has a chance to proc Fragile. The percent chance is equal to and is calculated after the damage from the Cryo Cannon has been dealt. For example, a frozen grunt with 25 base HP remaining after being hit by the Cryo Cannon has a 75% chance of procing Fragile. When Fragile does proc, it immediately deals 100% of that enemy's remaining base HP as damage (25 in the previous example). This damage (like all damage) is affected by the appropriate Resistance Scaling modifier for the current hazard level and number of players. This means any enemy with a scaling modifier of greater than 1 can't be directly killed by Fragile. The short of it is this: Normal-sized enemies cannot be directly killed by Fragile on hazard level 3 and above while Large-sized enemies cannot be directly killed on 4-player hazard 3, or anything above 2-player hazard 4. Fragile can still proc and deal significant damage but it cannot outright kill in these scenarios.
Unique Overclocks[edit | edit source]
Ice Spear[edit | edit source]
Ice spear is a Balanced Overclock that has 2 damage components, one single target and one in a small AoE; both can hit the same target.
It’ll use up to 50 fuel to fire the projectile. If you don’t have enough fuel available in the chamber, it’ll use all the fuel available and the damage for both components of the projectile will scale down linearly with the amount of fuel that was used.
- Fuel cost: 50 max
- Single target:
- Damage: 350 Kinetic
- Friendly Fire: 50%
Snowball[edit | edit source]
Snowball is an Unstable Overclock that shoots ranged AoE cryo-projectiles that flash-cool everything in the impact zone at the cost of significantly decreased tank capacity and decreased repressurization delay.
Mastery[edit | edit source]
Each modification that is purchased advances a mastery bar by one unit.
- Three modifications – First Stripe Weapon Paintjob
- Seven modifications – Deepcore Weapon Paintjob
- All (13) modifications – The Company Special Weapon Paintjob
Skins[edit | edit source]
Full gallery of skins can be seen at Weapon Skins.
Gallery[edit | edit source]