|“||Be on the lookout for lost Cargo Crates in the caves of normal missions - they are known to contain copious amounts of minerals and weapon skins!||„|
|~ Update 25 Patch notes|
Cargo Crates can spawn inside of normal missions with a 1 in 6 chance (16.666%). There will be two batteries within 30 meters (in any direction, so not necessarily in the same cave) that will need to be inserted into the Cargo Crate to start the repairing process. The batteries themselves give away a blinking noise to allow to find them easier, though the crate itself doesn't. Batteries, when inserted, will cease creating noise. The crate needs to be manually repaired after inserting both batteries, very much like repairing a broken Mini-M.U.L.E.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Once opened, the Cargo Crate will dispense rewards of Gold and chunks of the Crafting Materials based on the region the crate is located in and an additional claimable cosmetic reward. If all cosmetic rewards have been obtained, a pop-up informing that all possible rewards have been collected will appear instead when interacting with the Cargo Crate.
A special Framework or Victory Move can be claimed by each dwarf that is present when the crate is first opened. Compared to Paintjob, Frameworks come with additional cosmetic attachments on the weapons.
Each player will receive a reward based off of the first person who opens the crate; however, if the next player to claim already owns it, they will be rewarded with a different one.
The received reward is not linked to the class of the player opening the box in any way, it’ll simply be a cosmetic that the player doesn’t have yet.
• There are 96 possible Frameworks that will be chosen at random as reward from 6 sets:
|Custom Engineered||Fourth Relic||Glyphid Trophy Hunter|
• There are 36 possible Victory Moves that will be chosen at random as reward from 9 sets:
Note: The cosmetics obtained from Cargo Crates cannot be obtained by any other means.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|A Cargo Crate Battery||Starting state||With both Batteries inserted||Fully repaired||Dispensing reward|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar encounter as Lost Pack.
- Lost Packs and Cargo Crates spawn independently of each other, and can sometimes both be in the map.
- Frameworks used to be called Mesh with an unique Paintjob and model modification prior to Update 28.
- The Neonband Mesh variation was accidentally leaked during Experimental and removed only to be re-added in Update 26.
- Cargo Crates used to be able to reward duplicate skins to the players who did not open the crate first, because the skin rewarded is based on the first player to claim the crate. Now, a player will always be rewarded a skin, given they do not already own every possible reward from the crate.
- The developers at one point intended beer licenses for the Craft(able) Beers to be gained from Cargo Crates.
- Cargo Crates used to only give mineable crafting materials as a reward but as off Update 27 it can now give Jadiz & Enor Pearl.
- It was most likely originally intended for the Cargo Crate's spawn chance to be affected by mission length, as the possible game code can be found in the game's files:
- The intended chances appear to be; — 1/10 (10%) Chance, — 1/6 (16.6%) Chance & — 1/3 (33.3%) Chance.
- The current spawn chance of crates are unaffected by mission length.
- Using Binomial distribution, one can assume that it will take on average 792 Missions to obtain all 132 skins and Victory Poses.
- Keep in mind this number is an estimate and may not reflect real outcomes - While it is statistically improbable to flip a coin 100 times and get 100 heads, that doesn't mean it's impossible. One may get all the Cargo Crates in 132 missions, or a player may never encounter one at all.