Beast Master is one of the 23 available perks that currently exist in Deep Rock Galactic. It can be unlocked on the sixth row of perks and there are 4 tiers; each tier requiring 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 perk points respectively for a total of 24.
|Icon||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Description|
|Tamed Grunts deal 0 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 100 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 200 % more damage||Tamed Grunts deal 300 % more damage||Active: Charm a Glyphid Grunt to become your loyal companion. You can only have one tamed Grunt at a time.|
(5 minute cooldown)
- It takes 0.75s to tame a Grunt.
- Taming a Grunt fully heals them. However, it does not restore any broken armor.
- It's possible to tame a Glyphid Grunt, Glyphid Grunt Slasher, or Glyphid Grunt Guard (but not their Ebonite or Elite variants).
- The tamed Grunt will always have the suffix (Steeve) [sic]. It will also be surrounded with a neon blue glow to help identify Steeve in the darkness and distinguish him from untamed Grunts.
- Steeve takes 2% friendly fire damage and isn’t affected by Sticky Flames from the Driller's CRSPR Flamethrower. He is still vulnerable to weakspot damage bonuses and armor breaking from the Dwarves.
- Steeve is affected by Mission Mutators, notably regenerating health with Regenerative Bugs, spawning a Parasite upon death with Parasites, and gaining bonus damage with Lethal Enemies.
- Tamed Glyphids freeze half as fast and unfreeze twice as fast as untamed Glyphids.
- There is no way to control the Grunt beyond the initial taming.
- Steeve has no target prioritization capability, nor survival instincts, being ignorant to any potential danger.
- In addition to the 5 minute cooldown applied when you tame a glyphid, there is an unmentioned 20 second cooldown when your current Tamed Glyphid dies before you can tame another one (even though the perk's cooldown icon does not indicate it). Keep this in mind when your current tame dies before you attempt to tame another.
- Players can pet Steeve by using the [USE] ("E" by default) key.