|This article is a stub. You can help Deep Rock Galactic Wiki by .|
|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
|Unlocked through an assignment|
|Requires Gunner 20
The Hurricane has quickly gotten a reputation for being a very crowd-pleasing weapon - unless we're talking about the crowd it is being aimed at. It stows a weapons package usually reserved for heavy-duty tripods into something a hearty dwarf can carry with ease and has even been upgraded with sophisticated tracking software.
|— Item Description|
The "Hurricane" Guided Rocket System is an unlockable primary weapon for the Gunner. It is a portable missile silo/rocket launcher with tracking software and a laser pointer on its grip, allowing for its missiles to be manually guided. It consists of 9 rocket pods in the front, a large drum on the side that feeds missiles into the weapon, and a laser pointer attached to a handle.
The most notable feature of this weapon is its ability to guide missiles to wherever the crosshair is aiming, which can include enemies. This tracking feature is applied to all missiles that are fired and cannot be disabled without the use of overclocks, although unequipping the weapon will cause any in-flight missiles to lose their guidance. The guidance of these missiles can then be re-acquired by swapping back to the weapon while they remain in flight.
There are five tiers of modifications and each tier has two to three upgrades. Only one modification can be equipped per tier.
Overclock calculations happen after modifiers.
Understanding the Weapon
- Direct Damage is how much damage is dealt upon direct impact of a missile.
- Area Damage is how much damage is dealt in addition to the direct damage within the damage radius around the impact.
For every 0.75 seconds that a missile has flown through the air it gains +1 Area Damage.
When missiles impact terrain, they transform into mines that will detonate when enemies get too close. Mines have a 15 second lifetime, do 2.75x Area Damage, have a x1.5 AoE Radius, and trigger when enemies get within 2m.
- While the mines do benefit form Nitroglycerin Rounds, they only accumulate the damage bonus while in flight. After impacting terrain the mine will not accumulate any further bonus damage from Nitroglycerin Rounds.
Plasma Burster Missiles
Missiles are no longer destroyed when they impact enemies. Each missile can damage enemies up to 5 times, there's a maximum of 18 missiles in the air at once, and each missile has a lifetime of 20 seconds.
Hold down the trigger to load up to 9 missiles into a single, unguided shot. Salvo Missiles have their Starting Velocity and Max Velocity increased to 20 m/sec by default. For each additional missile added to the salvo all missiles deal bonus area and direct damage up to +4 Area Damage and +4 Direct Damage. The minimum damage bonus is +1 Area Damage and +1 Direct damage for only one missile launched.
- Bonus Damage Formula: 0.625 + (0.375 * Missiles Loaded)
Each modification that is purchased advances a mastery bar by one unit.
- Three modifications – First Stripe Weapon Paintjob
- Seven modifications – Deepcore Weapon Paintjob
- All modifications – The Company Special Weapon Paintjob
- The "Hurricane" Guided Rocket System's weapon prototype was the only prototype that had a custom model.